Friday, November 29, 2013

The Beginning

Now that my book, DIY Publishing, is out in the world, I am already getting more questions to answer. Also, things change in terms of technology, markets, and options immediately after any book is published.  This is particularly true if the book pertains to technology.

This blog will be used to make corrections to the book, add new information, and to discuss the changing state of publishing. Whether you are an author planning to self-publish or an author looking for a contract with a publishing house, it helps to understand everything that goes into getting a book to market.

I am open to a variety of conversations here, and I hope to have guests posting as well.  There is a lot of wonderful information on the Internet--much of it written by people who have serious experience in the publishing business. I am not the only source. In fact, I learned by following hundreds of blogs and then synthesized it to what works for me.

I hope you will join me along the way and share what you've learned, your results, how things have changed, and where you have questions. I truly believe that it is community that helps all of us to be better writers and publishers.

Thank you for joining me on this journey.


2 comments:

  1. Maggie,

    So glad to see your blog! I'm going to be DIY soon using your book, so glad to know I have a place to turn with questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathryn. Always happy to help. As you can see from the blog, as questions come in that are contrary to (or an enahncement to) what I've written, I post them here. One of the difficulties with a book like this is that things change quickly. This is especially true when dealing with technology and metadata. So, do check back here. I LOVE that you will be doing some of this yourself. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete