Saturday, July 11, 2015

Indie Author Online Courses

Some of you know I have been teaching in-person courses for indie authors for the past year. Prior to that I did a lot of presentations for RWA Chapters, at various writer events, and reader conventions. Though I enjoy teaching in-person, many people who I only know online have asked me to please do online courses too. 

As my doctorate is in Education, with an emphasis in online learning, this request speaks to my heart. However, I'm picky about the platform. I didn't want to do the usual yahoo discussion group approach that many author workshops take. I also didn't want to purchase a platform that costs lots of money in annual fees and/or administrative overhead like those used at universities where I've taught before. 

As if Dianna Love, NYT bestselling romance, mystery and suspense author, was reading my mind she contacted me about a platform she was building on All Writer Workshops. I loved the simplicity of the design and the consistency of how courses were presented. I knew that even the authors who are not comfortable with technology would find a home with this platform. Most of all I loved her friendly approach to author workshops and her investment in making sure the workshops used quality instructors and the information presented was accurate and up-to-date.

In other words, I found an online home for my classes. Get a complete list of the dates of the classes I'm teaching. The linked titles will take you to All Writer Workshops to sign up. Prices range from $35 to $80 depending on the length of the class and the complexity of material. Prefer something FREE to start out? Check out the Open House below.

https://www.allwriterworkshops.com/workshops/preview/26/


I hope you will join me and five other instructors at a FREE Open House to get to know the All Writer Workshops platform. We are each doing a mini-workshop in Q&A format, and providing valuable resources for you to download. My topic is 5 Secrets Every Indie Author Should Know.

As added incentive, there are door prizes. All you need to do is click the REGISTER FOR FREE WORKSHOP button at the bottom of the display page and you will get all the information you need for discussion times, presentations, and how to be entered in all the giveaways.

Get a jump start on your career. Do this for yourself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment